Friday, May 7, 2010

Thanks to You

We just crossed the $5000 mark for flood relief in middle Tennessee.

We are absolutely overwhelmed with the generosity of this community. From the over-the-top, one-of-a-kind donations that keep rolling in, to the good-natured back-and-forth teasing in the auction comments (I mean, I hope y'all are joking about the personal injury stuff), and especially the MAD promotion going down via blogs, Twitter and Facebook - Book People are rocking our lives right now.

But most importantly, you're changing lives for those who have lost so much.

We'd like to give each and every one of you a smooshy hug and a cupcake, but we can't. Even given our chosen professions, adequate words fail us.

So thank you.

Just thank you.

Love,
Victoria/Amanda/Myra

13 comments:

  1. Thank YOU guys for doing this. Seriously. You all rock so much face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we're doing our part at authorscoop to get the word out. let us know if we can do more.

    -william

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is totally awesome. Truly, thank YOU for giving your time and energy to such an good cause. I have posted on my blog and am pushing up the bids! :)

    Corinne

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay - this is awesome you guys. Let me know if you need an extra pair of hands or anything else?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anything to help...I wish my novel was already published so I could donate. Just finishing up the editing so I can look for a publisher. But I'm promoting the heck out of you guys on Facebook, and I'm so thrilled with the response so far!

    And since I have a weight loss blog on here...I'll pass on the cupcake anyway! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so awesome! You ladies are amazing! You have brought so many people together to give a second chance to those who have lost everything. THANK YOU for all you've done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awesome!! you guys are the ones that are amazing for starting this! So Thank You!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You all are amazing!
    Thank you for organizing this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You all are amazing!
    Thank you for organizing this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry for the multiple posts...google problems.
    :(

    I still think you're amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really, really amazed and proud of you guys for all you've done! As a Nashville native, THANK YOU! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing job, ladies! Of course, you know I am from the greater Louisville area. We know that that Louisville is working closely with Nashville as you clear those waters. . .best to you! I keep losing bids and that is good; it's okay with me.

    ReplyDelete