Friday, May 14, 2010

Day 9 - Item 2

From Jennifer Laughran, agent at Andrea Brown Literary:

"I will hand-pick a basket of a dozen excellent YA or Middle Grade books and galleys by Andrea Brown Literary Agency clients. The winner can tell me if they have any preferences (and if they prefer YA, MG or a mixture) and I will tailor the basket to them.

The
exact contents of the basket will have to be a mystery for now because it will be tailored to the winner, but I can say that it might contain all kinds of YA or MG books, including recent award winners such as FLASH BURNOUT by LK Madigan, gorgeously written fantasy like MAGIC UNDER GLASS by Jaclyn Dolamore, finished copies of awesome upcoming books like HARMONIC FEEDBACK by Tara Kelly, or hotly anticipated advance reader copies, possibly like FALLOUT by Ellen Hopkins, SUGAR AND ICE by Kate Messner or MERMAID'S MIRROR by LK Madigan."

18 comments:

  1. This is going to go way beyond my limit, but I have to try. Such fab authors at ABL.

    $140

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I should add - we'll communicate before I send the basket, so if you tell me that you've already read all (or most) of the ABLit books I've chosen, I will just go to the bookstore and be your personal shopper.

    I AM AWESOME AT PICKING OUT BOOKS FOR PEOPLE!

    In any case, I can guarantee you'll get 12 terrific books out of the deal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 12? 12! Oh my goodness. It would be like xmas in May!

    $175

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who are you people and why are you trying to keep me away from my Personal Shopper?!?!

    $200

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hand-picked books? Count me in...

    $400

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bidding is closed. tapwood wins!

    ReplyDelete